Brazilian 24-Karat Keratin Treatment with Optional Haircut at Hair Bar NYC (Up to 56% Off). Four Locations.
- Stylists apply a keratin formula to hair and then seal it with a very hot flat-iron. The heat from the iron, along with other chemicals in the keratin formula, activates a smoothing effect.
- Valid with any stylist
- Available locations:
- SOHO: 161 Lafayette Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10013
- Midtown: 31 West 46th Street, New York, NY 10036
- Kips Bay: 432 3rd Avenue, New York, NY 10016
- Cedarhurst: 121 Spruce Street, Cedarhurst, NY 11516
Some hair-straightening products that claim to be formaldehyde-free include aldehyde compounds, which are similar to the carcinogen formaldehyde. Side effects may include nosebleeds, headaches, vomiting, and respiratory problems, among others. Learn more about the health risks here.